Tuesday, April 24, 2012

*big bro*

~tummy time with big brother. Sophia is cozy in one of kaden's hand me downs, we are slowly turning her closet pink and purple! Before Sophia came into our world, I was so concerned about how Kaden would adjust to sharing his world with a new little brother/sister. I was actually crazy anxious about it. I work with a lot of kids who struggle so much with this very adjustment, and I felt it was inevitable that Kaden would have some negative feelings about baby miller. The little man REALLY surprised me, and has been pretty amazing with the adjustment. Don't get me wrong, there are headbutts to her sweet lil head, squeezes that seem a little more than necessary, and the occasional meltdown from jealously or not having mama's undivided attention. But for the most part, he has stepped up into the Big Brother role and is so proud of his little sister. When we go to the park, he tells every random stranger that he has a "new baby sister". He loves to help out with everything from her bath to tummy time. He loves to kiss her, and sometimes I think he even leaves a hickey or two on her face. I am so excited to watch them grow together and to see how their relationship grows!
I love watching babies sleep, and Sophie makes the most incredible noises when she sleeps (or at least I think so). I attempted to capture her noises and got a few little ones. I will keep trying. Yes, stay tuned for more incredible videos of baby sleeping, it doesn't get more exciting than this folks! We had a get together with the Sextons this weekend and everyone got to meet Sophia for the first time. I am so in love with this pic of Kaden just soaking up the entire atmosphere.....how cute is he in that chair!
~cozy with mamaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment