Friday, January 11, 2013

*Happy 4th Birthday Kaden!*






Dear Kaden,

Happy Birthday to you amazing little man! The last year has been filled with some incredible changes, and I am so grateful that I got to hold your hand through it all. You survived the birth of a sibling! Not only did you survive, but you are a FANTASTIC big brother. You make Sophia laugh those big 'ol belly laughs every.single.time. and these sublime moments appear to bring you as much joy as it does me and your Daddy. I know it must have been difficult not having our full attention, and having to share the spotlight, but you have handled it like a complete rock star, and I am so eternally grateful for that!

Let's see.....you started Preschool, said goodbye to old friends and have met new ones. We moved into our new home, and we are just starting to feel comfy and really "at home". You fell in love with all things superhero, pirates and making people laugh. You decided you only like to eat what YOU want to eat, and Mommy started going a little batty on pinterest trying to come up with new things that you would tolerate eating.

Your favorite color is black. You love yoga, we even got you a little yoga mat for your practice. You love Curious George and Mommy does too! You still love Mary Poppins, and this year you fell in love with Annie, Madagascar and Where the Wild Things are.  You have this awesome thirst for learning new things that inspires me to learn more too.  Most of all, you LOVE to talk. And ask questions. And then more and more questions. You are an absolute blessing, and every day, I thank my lucky stars that you chose me to be your mommy.

I love you to the moon and back,
your mommy


By the way, your 4 year doctor's appointment was a bit of a nightmare. You were NOT a fan of getting a shot, and basically assaulted everyone in the room. You had to be pretty much restrained for the shot, and it was pretty much the most heartbreaking thing I have ever seen. And let's see...you are 36 lb and 40 inches and you are in the 46percentile for your age.




doing yoga with mama.
reading his favorite book about the circulatory system ;)
Go Broncos!!


Kadenisms:

"Mommy? Know how I go to the doctors tomorrow? I have a PLAN. I'm gonna tell him I am NOT going to get my shots today, maybe next year, k?"

"Does God have the WHOLE WORLD in his hands? That must be SO heavy".

"Mommy, I PEED in my FACE"......followed by 30 minutes of giggles. too cute.

"Mommy, why there no butts in this book" After scouring through a book about the circulatory system at the library.



This year, we had a party that included little friends! It was completely chaotic and my house felt REALLY small, but it was tons of fun. Kaden and Isaiah finished the party off with a rave in the basement while the Chad and Jack rocked out on both drumsets and Greg played the guitar. Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment